Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) invites citizens to attend a virtual quarterly community meeting to review the progress of the DART Silver Line Regional Rail Project along the Historic Cotton Belt Corridor. Updates on the section of the line throughout Carrollton will be given during the Wednesday, August 12 meeting. The Design-Build Contractor for DART will be on hand to outline the latest developments and answer questions.
The 26-mile Silver Line segment will traverse seven cities, including Carrollton, Addison, Coppell, Dallas, Grapevine, Plano, and Richardson. At DFW International Airport, the Silver Line will connect to the 27-mile Trinity Metro TEXRail commuter rail line providing access to Fort Worth and the DFW Airport Skylink. The Silver Line will also interface with the three DART light rail lines, the Red/Orange Lines in Richardson/Plano, the Green Line in Carrollton, and the Orange Line at DFW Airport.
Presentations during these meetings will include:
- Updated project drawings showing track configurations and station layout
- Status of track grade separations (bridges)
- Betterments program progress
- Station design progress
- Design-Builder’s early design and construction schedule
- A general summary of project information
- Identification of contacts for FAQs and community concerns
Third quarter virtual community update meetings will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Residents will be able to call 469-676-0717 or access the virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams, using the appropriate city’s MS Teams link at DART.org/silverline:
- Carrollton – Wednesday, August 12 using Conference ID 132 579 659
- Coppell/Cypress Waters – Thursday, August 6 using Conference ID 879 949 77
- Addison – Thursday, August 13 using Conference ID 631 160 305
- Plano/Richardson – Thursday, August 20 using Conference ID 562 156 23
- Dallas – Thursday, August 27 using Conference ID 562 156 23
The Silver Line project’s primary purpose is to provide regional passenger rail connections and service improving mobility, accessibility, and system linkages to major employment, population, and activity centers in the northern part of the DART service area along the 26-mile long Cotton Belt Corridor from DFW Airport to Plano and eventually completing the 60-mile stretch from Plano to Ft. Worth.
Customers will see the Silver Line in operation after completion in 2022 with 30-minute peak and 60-minute off-peak service.
For additional information, visit DART.org/silverline or contact DART Community Engagement at 214-749-2543.